Monday 22 October 2012

The First Entry- Introductions

Alright the first entry of my blog ... (unnecessary suspense!)
We all know we have to get the nitty-gritties over and done with, so here goes:

My name is Emma-Lee, and I've come with my parents (Lesley and Nic Taaffe) and we're from Amptill, Bedfordfordshire in England.

We go to Ampthill Baptist Church, and I am a student at Wootton Upper School.
We are here in Tanzania to see MAF in action (http://www.maf-uk.org/) MAF has organised a group of doctors to come out here on an "eye-safari" which means they will be removing cataracts, and helping with other eye problems (which will allow people to see again). This is going to be very interesting - to see Africa with my own eyes, to really experience it and see if it is anything like what I have read and heard about it - and I am really excited! (Woo!)

We are going to a town called Mtwara, Tanzania (On the south coast of the country, on the Mozambique border). The locals speak KiSwahili and English. Tanzania has a pleasent tropical climate (25C - 30C) (yes, pleasant indeed! *puts on sunglasses* oh yeah!)

Well that wasn't too difficult *puts down book -"The Idiot's Guide to Blogging"*