Thursday 4 February 2010

From hot to hotter

This afternoon I landed in Juba (well, strictly it was Captain Bryan Pill who landed but you get the gist!), the capital of southern Sudan, where I will be based for a few days. The city is beautiful from the air, with the Nile flowing straight past on its course to the Mediterranean.

Also on my flight was Bishop Anthony Poggo of the Episcopal Church of Sudan, a a guy working with CMS, and a Scottish couple who are just about to start new roles with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. All going to different locations, all with different roles, yet all playing a role in the advancement to God´s Kingdom in this nation.

The weather here is cooler than recent days, so I´m told, but still just about nudging 100F - all relative I suppose! The heat is quite intense, and I admire the small team based here for being so willing to work and live in such an environment. Am on another flight tomorrow to Akobo and upto Malakal in the north of southern Sudan.