Tuesday 18 June 2013

JUNE 10th


My taxi driver tells me he likes mountain biking. Nothing so unusual about that, except I’m in Kenya, and I wasn’t expecting the capital Nairobi to be a global hotspot for those who like to trek on two wheels. Maybe it is? I’m not actually spotting many mountains, but with night having fallen I’m not seeing too much out of the car windows… except the number plate of the car in front. We’re stuck in a traffic jam and after taking two flights with a stopover in the middle of the night, I’m not actually relishing the moment.

I’m not here for the thrills and an African adventure though. As a communications officer serving with Mission Aviation Fellowship, I’m here to experience what God is doing through the teams in Kenya and neighbouring South Sudan. I’m hoping this insight will enable me to better tell others, that they may be inspired to partner with us through prayer and support.