Sunday 6 January 2013

First visit

For the next 7 days I will be reporting for MAF from Kenya with my colleague Richard Hubbard.  Richard is an experienced traveller, however this will be my first visit to Africa, I will be recording thoughts and experiences in this blog whilst visiting various MAF partners, programmes and people.

We will be going to Mfangano Island in Lake Victoria, where we will be meeting the children and teachers from the Gethsemane Garden Christian Centre. We will be handing out plane messages from the recent Christmas appeal and will record the children's response on film, so that we can share this special moment with you.

There may be opportunities during the week to go out on some MAF flights and experience the work that MAF does first hand, this will be particularly exciting for me as I am usually the person who updates all the online materials in the UK.

Watch this space, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for regular updates on our journey. We would love to share the blog with your friends. Please pray for us.


View Larger Map